2020 F90 Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 F90 Yamaha

I just purchased a 2020 F90 and looking for prop recommendations. I have a 1967 Boston Whaler Nauset with 2 batteries and a custom 27 gal SS tank under the console, I'm worried a bit about porpoising. I need prop recommendations. I have had the following suggestions: Any recommendations? 5500-6000 WOT

13.25 x 14 SS 3 blade
    13.25 x 16 SS Performance 3 blade
    13 x 17 Painted Stainless

How long is the boat? How heavy? what would a normal load be? (1 person or 12) you looking for top end or hole shot? hard to give info on props because ECERY boat and EVERY need is different. Just looking at the pics though I would guess somewhere in the 16-17 pitch would be best all around.

Comment

Boat is 16' 7" Normal load would be 600# plus batteries and gas tank. Boat is roughly1000lbs Looking for top end

Comment

So I run a 19' that is quite a bit heavier than that. I have the same motor on it and it has a 17K painted SS prop on it. Tops out around 35mph. I would start out around the 17 and with the boat being that light, if it planes out well you might be able to go up to a 19.

propping a boat properly involves a lil trial and error. most dealers will let you do a test run with a couple of different props.

Comment

Working...
        X