130 TLRX carburetor model and air jets sizes confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 130 TLRX carburetor model and air jets sizes confusion

Hello, I am a new Yamaha outboard ownwer....I bought a pre-owned one. It was having exesive gas consuption so I decided to take the two caruretors off.... they have stamped *6L102 621400*,in surface.. the one below has all #60 jets but the above one has two #60 and two #220 (two below the plate cover #23 in the description list)....besides in the carburetor diagram parts does not show the ones below the plate....I can not see them. The question is which jet number/s must they has to have? Any help will be appreciated.

Looks to me like your carburetors have been replaced. By an older set of carburetors. A 130TLRX would have come with 6L1 03 carburetors. Not 6L1 02 carburetors.

There are three different jets shown in the parts book. See below.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe, but what about the ones below the plate cover #23....There are not shown in this parts diagram....I need to know which is the jet size #.

Comment

I am not seeing any jets under the cover plate. Are you seeing parts that can be removed and replaced?

Comment

All that I seem to know is that your motor seems to be running poorly and it does not have the right carburetors installed.

Is there a connection between the two?

Comment

I do not even see a match for the numbers the OP posted that he said are on both carbs "6L102 621400"

and the parts break down shows 2 different part numbers for each of the 2 carbs

Comment

Top carburetor part number is 6L1-14301-03-00. Bottom carburetor part number is 6L1-14302-03-00. Per the parts book.

What is seen on the carburetor itself is not the complete part number. Only part of it. Usually it will be the base number 6L1 and the dash number 03. Then maybe some gobbledeegook that is to be ignored.

I would have expected him to see 6L1 03 on each of the two carburetors.

The trouble with buying anything used is God only knows what the former backyardigans have done to the motor. Without documenting any of it.

I understand that the worth of an airplane with good log books is worth only about half of that without its log books. Could even be worth nothing.

Comment

what is the 6E5- 15?
                are those carbs for the non oil injected motors maybe

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  what is the 6E5- 15?
                  are those carbs for the non oil injected motors maybe
                  Where are you seeing 6E5 15?

6E5 is the prefix for certain 115 models. Oil injected.

Comment

It was listed on the same parts breakdown as the 130
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts by Year 1999 OEM Parts Diagram for CARBURETOR | Boats.net

Comment

Yamaha lumped the two model together in one parts catalog. Confuses people.

Comment

they should have at least showed 115 and 130 on the parts site for the different models or HP.
                        I have seen it on some.

It is what it is
                        thanks for your input boscoe

Comment

As this motor has been re-manufactured maybe even the guy who sold me it knows the real Model...... It is a fact the carbs are fisically different, bottom one has more accesories attached to its body for example the linkage that works with the oil inyecion system (Already cancelled) but why the main air jets are different between them?...above one #220 and bottom one #60 !!!. I will try to get two jets #220 and put them in the botton one that sounds reasonable to me. I will see what happen... Thank you Boscoe99

Comment

Working...
                          X