No announcement yet.

Mr. Fairdeal - Fell Marine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heck, that is true of the normal man overboard kill switch too.
    If the person heads overboard with the lanyard and clip, how many boats have a spare on the boat and do the other people on the boat know where it is located and how to hook it back up to start the motors.

I have a feeling most boaters do not make sure others know what to do in a case like that

Comment

In a man over board situation MOB+ will automatically turn off the engine
      and then activate Override Mode after 6 seconds.

In Override Mode those still on board will be able to start the engine directly
      without any interaction with MOB+.

This gives additional safety
      as those on board do not need to know how to operate the system,
      but still can rescue the driver quickly."

https://supportcenter.fellmarine.com...nto-the-water-

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
        In a man over board situation MOB+ will automatically turn off the engine
        and then activate Override Mode after 6 seconds.

In Override Mode those still on board will be able to start the engine directly
        without any interaction with MOB+.

This gives additional safety
        as those on board do not need to know how to operate the system,
        but still can rescue the driver quickly."

https://supportcenter.fellmarine.com...nto-the-water-
        well that sounds like a good idea,
        thanks for letting us know how it works

Comment

A couple wooden oars. They surely will paddle back to you I would guess. Depends on the beer supply and how many the ejected member typically drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            heck, that is true of the normal man overboard kill switch too.
            If the person heads overboard with the lanyard and clip, how many boats have a spare on the boat and do the other people on the boat know where it is located and how to hook it back up to start the motors.

I have a feeling most boaters do not make sure others know what to do in a case like that
            If it’s windy, no way a swimmer is going to catch up to a large boat. Couple people had to pee last year. Came to a good stopping point and they jumped in and didn’t hang on to ladder. Had to back up to them. With a little offset of course. They were good swimmers and didn’t panic.

Comment

Bingo. You're not getting back to a boat with significant sail area unless there is zero wind and you're in shape and confident in the water. If it's doing 25 knots when you fall off in 12 knots of wind...one potato...two potato...three potato.....how far did it travel till the engines quit?

I fell off a go fast catamaran when I was in my late ****s. The topless young lady onboard had zero idea of how to help or how to sail the boat. It almost killed me to get back to that boat even though it went head to wind and just drifted. No way I could do it today.
              Last edited by oldmako69; 03-15-2021, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

If it’s windy, no way a swimmer is going to catch up to a large boat. Couple people had to pee last year. Came to a good stopping point and they jumped in and didn’t hang on to ladder. Had to back up to them. With a little offset of course. They were good swimmers and didn’t panic.
                must of been females, never heard of males jumping in to pee.
                hell even in my 16 ft aluminum boat gals will drop there bottoms and hang over the side, as long as we are not close to other boats.
                I turn my head to make them feel OK.
                I let them know when I need to pee and just turn my back to them
                Last edited by 99yam40; 03-15-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Fairdeal or Roscoe - there is a thread needing your opinion over at BOB under electrical systems.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    Fairdeal or Roscoe - there is a thread needing your opinion over at BOB under electrical systems.
                    I'll leave that to Boscoe.

I stopped looking at BOB;
                    I used to check out "Today's posts" to see if there were any technical topics I might be interested in
                    but over the past few years,
                    it seems to have developed into a "safe space"
                    for bitter, entitled old white men to share their self-absorbed world view.

I guess the demographic is pretty much the same as any other 'boating' site
                    but somehow its just more obvious
                    and I don't need to be reminded of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X