F150 TXR Power Tilt and Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 TXR Power Tilt and Trim

I have a leak in my Tilt and Trim, coming from the backside of the assembly, guessing it is an o-ring, what is the proper way to remove the Power Tilt assembly from Motor? thanks.

Same problem

I too am losing fluid from my F150 trim unit. It is happening when in storage with the motor in full down position. The seals around the 3 rams are clean and dry but I have fluid at base of unit and on the cavitation plate of the motor. Where can it be coming from?

Comment

Power tilt trim unit replacement

To remove the power trim and tilt assembly tilt motor up then support with tilt stop lever. Remove the bolt holding ground lead at bottom of trim unit remove plastic wire ties and pull trim leads out from routing hole. Remove the lower hinge bolts. Remove the upper hinge circlip then back out upper mounting hinge rotate trim unit out. You can test unit on beach to determine location of leak or while installed. I recommend using correct trim cylinder end screw to remove these caps they damage easily.

Comment

if the ram seals are not leaking then you have the dreaded oring failure between the pump housing and the trim unit.

best to take it to a facility that has at a minimum drive train school certificates on the wall.

if NO certs are on the wall find another facility.

Comment

Believe ram seal is leaking, F150 TXR 2004 model

I think I have found my leak. Left trim ram, top. So O ring I presume?
          How to remove it is the question? 4 little holes around ram, some sort of yamaha tool? Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Comment

Thanks rodbolt

Since viewing an exploded diagram I fear you are correct. Your diagnosis is appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I have the dreaded o ring leak on my 1997 115 tlrv, and have tried twice to stop the leak with new o rings I am thinking of sparingly using an anerobic sealer, being careful to not get it on o rings is this acceptable.. The leak seems to be at the oring over the small filter, and I cannot get the filter o-ring seated as I see it the 2nd small filter sits inside the o ring....correct ?

Comment

Make a tool or buy one , but I myself have been very successful with a heavy hammer and punch. Apply liberal heat to the cylinder, then carefully..(i said carefelly) use a good punch and a heavy hammer then give it a good solid whack. It will break free, then use a pin wrench to finish it off. If you are careful you won't bugger up the aluminum hole too much.Make sure you relieve the cylinder pressure from the bleeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautical View Post
                    Make a tool or buy one , but I myself have been very successful with a heavy hammer and punch. Apply liberal heat to the cylinder, then carefully..(i said carefelly) use a good punch and a heavy hammer then give it a good solid whack. It will break free, then use a pin wrench to finish it off. If you are careful you won't bugger up the aluminum hole too much.Make sure you relieve the cylinder pressure from the bleeder.
                    What post are you replying to?

The OP or one of the three ride alongs?

Comment

When in doubt, beat it with a hammer!!
                      Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

And if the hammer does not work then a bigger hammer is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                          And if the hammer does not work then a bigger hammer is needed.
                          And if that don't work it's an electrical problem

Comment

I had the "o ring" issue on my 04 150 ( two stroke) bought some o rings that were close at the local hardware store , lasted about a year, ( I had ordered the right ones , sitting on the shelf for next repair) the biggest pia was bleeding the air off, finally was able to totally purge with unit installed using the weight of the motor .

Comment

Working...
                            X