Yamaha T60 TLR air temp sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha T60 TLR air temp sensor

I've been fixing a couple of 2007 T60 TLR's that got dunked and not rinsed too well. Got em cheap, though!
    Got one purring, and the other is giving me a weird YDS error code.
    It ran like one or two cylinders were missing, and not idling at all, so, not having a Kv tester, I put my only set of new injectors in. Solved the running rough problem; she still wouldn't throttle up or down smoothly.
    So put the YDS on her, and got code 29: Throttle Position Sensor bad. Had a new one; put it on.
    Now she throttled up and down smoothly, and purred, but still would not idle.
    Hmm. Thinking IAC valve, which the YDS showed as fine before, I checked the computer again. Now the TPS shows good, the IAC shows good, but I'm getting 23: air temperature sensor bad.
    I go to my favorite Boats.net parts page to look up the number of the T60 TLR air temperature sensor. I got through the entire 22 pages of parts diagrams four or five times, and feel like a dummy because I can't find one.
    I go over the motor with a fine tooth comb. There's a thermostat, and a water temp sensor. Air temp sensor would be on the intake manifold somewhere, right? Nothing.

So here's my stupid question: does the T60 TLR HAVE an air temp sensor, and if so where is it? Is my YDS just messed up, or using the wrong database, and it's the IAC that's bad, because she just wont idle, but does everything else just fine?

Losing my mind, thanks for helping restore my sanity.

With Warm Aloha, Tim

you'll find the "sensor assembly" on the "Intake 1" parts page

I suspect you may have a sensor reference voltage problem;
    due to the seawater immersion,
    corrosion of the harness or connections,
    or perhaps one of the sensors,
    is messing up the 5V reference voltage supplied by the ECM,
    that is necessary to get correct output from each sensor

Comment

The reference voltage is 5.00 there.

I found out on "the other forum" that the "sensor assembly" 68F-83688-00 is both a MAP sensor AND air temperature sensor; it's got 4 pins: ground, 5V in, MAP output, and temp sensor output. It just doesn't tell you that anywhere obvious.

Aloha, Tim

Comment

Originally posted by KaimanaOHawaii View Post
        The reference voltage is 5.00 there.

I found out on "the other forum" that the "sensor assembly" 68F-83688-00 is both a MAP sensor AND air temperature sensor; it's got 4 pins: ground, 5V in, MAP output, and temp sensor output. It just doesn't tell you that anywhere obvious.

Aloha, Tim
        Sure it does. Right in the service manual where it would be expected.

Comment

Working...
        X