Fuel/water alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel/water alert

I just read in my owners manual that my tachometer doesn't give an alert for the water separator or engine-trouble alert. (2008 LF150TXR & 2010 F150TXR)
    If that is the case what does the sensor in the bottom of the fuel bowls do?
    Does it just talk to the ECU and reduce engine speed or stop the engine or something if water is detected?
    Just curious.
    Thanks

What type of tachometers do you have? Is it a Yamaha brand?

A Yamaha Command Link type tachometer will provide a visual water in fuel alert. The Yamaha analog tachometers (analog display or later digital display) do not. I don't know of any non-OEM tachometers that provide a visual water in fuel system warning.

However, if you get water in the fuel filter cup, to the point where the sensor switch is activated, then you will get an audible alarm, but only when the motor is in neutral.

With respect to engine trouble alerts (over temperature or low oil pressure) then you will be notified via the audible alarm system. The warning horn is in either a control box or part of the key switch. A boat does not need to have a tachometer at all for the operator to receive the engine warning tone.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 04-28-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Not Command link

They are not command link ...regular Yammies with digital display. (bought boat in 2010)
      Thanks for the info ...good to know I will still get audible alarms for both conditions.

Comment

Working...
      X