oil seeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil seeping

I have a c150. I noticed today that there is oil of some sort seeping out from the seem under the plate from where the exhaust is. To explain location better let me explain, starting from the top you have the cowling, then a plate where the exhaust is, then your lowel unit. The oil is seeping from the seem between the exhaust plate and lower unit on the port side. What is this oil and why is it coming out. Any need to worry, I have never seen it before

dg,
    The oil you are seeing is oil in the fuel that has been burned - you are seeing what is left over. I think there is a gasket around the relief holes plate - probably needs to be replaced, but I think you have to remove the lower unit and then the upper casing to get to it - I would not worry about it until the next time you do a water pump repair - not going to hurt anything to leave it alone for now.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

thanks ken, I believe it is coming from exhaust and excess. I thought about it and I put to much oil in the gas twice (this is not an oil injection engine, must mix gas). My gas guage is broken so I tried to fill up, and two times now I put too much oil in for the gallons of gas pumped. Somewhere around a 1/4 of quart to a 1/2 quart. I think this oil I am seeing is due to this. What do you think? And why I am on the subject, what damage does this excess oil in the gas have on the engine and should I run the engine lean on oil the next time I run her. Should I put less oil than recommended in the gas for my next run to even this out? thanks ken you are a lot of help

Comment

dg,
        Running too much oil won't hurt the motor, but it can foul out plugs pretty quick.
        Don't run less oil next time - just add what is necessary to get a 50:1 ratio.
        I have a pre-mix also (C115) - I just get in the habit of adding the same amount each time at the pump. I keep the tank about 1/2 full (to cut down on condensation) and add 1 qt oil to 12.5 gallons gas. If I need less, then 1 pt to 6.25 gallons.
        If your motor is missing, you might want to take a look at the plugs and replace them if they are fouled.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X