Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure on 130

Good Day to all on the forum.
    I have a question for the experts. On my 1999 Yamaha 130 BETO carb fed, I have a water pressure gauge. The reading at idle was 12 psi and at WOT, it was about 14 to 15 psi. This didn't seem right to me, so I opened the water pressure relief valve to check and it was pretty choked with muck. After cleaning I replaced the spring and plunger and cap. The readings remained the same. I then purchased a new spring from a Yamaha agent and fitted it. The pressure readings were then 12 psi on idle but at WOT it went up to 30 psi and didn't return, as if the valve was not opening. I again opened the valve assembly and cut about 1/4 inch off the spring. The readings now are 12 psi on idle, as the revs climb while getting on the plane the gauge shows a progressive increase to 20 psi. the valve then opens at 20 psi and at WOT, drops back to 16 to 17 psi. - Would you say these readings are acceptable? Was it a good idea to cut the spring?
    The workshop manual does not give any info on this valve or the required pressures.
    Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate!
    Challenger 16ft - 1999 Yamaha 130 BETO

Is the motor over heating?

If not, you don't have a problem.

Comment

Water pressure on 130

Thanks Boscoe, I just wanted to make sure on the water pressure issue.
      The motor has never overheated since I've had it. I've also checked the t/stats, all ok.
      Thanks for your reply.
      There is no task too simple for some people to complicate!
      Challenger 16ft - 1999 Yamaha 130 BETO

Comment

Working...
      X