No announcement yet.

2014 F300 bogs down and quits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update as of 04/18/2021 ran the boat a few times and have not had the issue since changing out the LP pump.
    Guess the LP could not keep the VST full enough with the demand of the HP pump.

I thought it had all the symptoms of the HP going out but maybe it was both of them.
    I have a complete back up VST with new HP and LP pumps so if it ever happens again I can just swap the VST and Im back on the water.

Comment

Just to clarify, you changed the LP pump and that was the fix. Which pump did you use, Yam or other? If other, please post the link and continue to post any changes to this fix on this thread so we can follow and learn a bit.

Yam fuel issues are of particular interest to me since I ran the gamut with them on my 225s.
      Last edited by oldmako69; 04-19-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
        Just to clarify, you changed the LP pump and that was the fix. Which pump did you use, Yam or other? If other, please post the link and continue to post any changes to this fix on this thread so we can follow and learn a bit.

Yam fuel issues are of particular interest to me since I ran the gamut with them on my 225s.
        I ordered my pumps from here.
        https://www.fuelpumpfactory.com/?gcl...UaAna9EALw_wcB

Yes once I changed out the LP pump it seems to be working fine. I originally changed out the HP pump and filter (thinking that was the issue) and worked for a little but the problem came back and then changed my LP pump.
        IMO if I were to just change the LP pump to begin with, it most likely would have fixed the issue.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytoolguy View Post
          Update as of 04/18/2021 ran the boat a few times and have not had the issue since changing out the LP pump.
          Guess the LP could not keep the VST full enough with the demand of the HP pump.

I thought it had all the symptoms of the HP going out but maybe it was both of them.
          I have a complete back up VST with new HP and LP pumps so if it ever happens again I can just swap the VST and Im back on the water.
          Like I wrote weeks ago, the symptoms were not clear for the hp pump fail. You have a few spares anyhow. Many of have thrown parts at issues only to continue with issues. It happens.

Comment

Working...
          X