F200 high temp alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F200 high temp alarm

Hi I have a 2005 Yamaha f200 and is having high temp alarm going off couple of times when out I could be idling or running but engine is not overheating test it out with a Yamaha computer program . I recently change therrmostats I think it might be the sensor going bad ? Or it could be something else. Anybody has any answers of what it could be

lots of things beside stat could cause over heating,
    have you checked temp where the over temp gets it's info?
    just to make sure that area is not overheating?
    Last edited by 99yam40; 02-25-2021, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hi... there is a little plastic ring that helps seal the entire pump. I had something very similar occur at low RPM's, I took the plastic lodging off, and there is a ring that goes in the upper piece of the lodging around the shaft. Watch that, it could be broken. It is incorporated as a feature of the water siphon pack.

Comment

I did check the temp around the engine and it was consisted with the program I have with everything running normal

Comment

Temperature values that are seen via a YDIS program or a Command Link network do not correlate with the temperatures that can cause a thermoswitch to close and sound the alarm. Two completely separate systems.

Few ever want to know how systems work. I don't understand.

Comment

so you have not pulled the temp sensor and tested it ?
            or measure the temp in that hole when the overheat alarm comes in?
            is it a blind hole or wet.

If you are sure it is an over heat alarm and you are sure the motor is not overheating you should test the sensor

Comment

Working...
            X