90 etlh operating temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 etlh operating temp?

Got a 1987 model 90 from a friend. It has been sitting up for 5+ years. I have done the following:

Replaced t-stat,poppet valve and spring, rebuilt carbs, drained and cleaned oil tank, new fuel lines, tested alarm (good), tested overheat sensor (goes off at 160 degrees), bled oil pump at bleed screw, replaced plugs, and impellor.

Having run it on ears in the yard I checked the head with a laser type thermometer highest temp at 1000 rpms is around 160 at the top of the head. Is there anything else I should replace or check on this motor before I take it to the lake? Does anyone know an avg. operating temp for these motors?

sitting motor

complete fuel system drain and I would recommend new fuel system from tank to motor...OEM or serria. nothing else unless you want problems.. also sitting over night with some seafoam in the mix is good way to run...watch that temp guage like a hawk if you have one...btw did you ck all three cables ??? you would be surprised of how many cables I find bad after sitting and if the wheel bearings had any water in them you find out fast as your sitting on the side of hwy.. a shot of grease is not enough !! wish ya luck

Comment

Working...
    X