Zip Ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip Ties

OK, Fuel line zip ties... it appears that there are special ties with curved heads made for the lines. I thought these were regular ties. Anybody use regular ties without any problems?

On a vacuum side application no problem. Just don't over tighten them.

I personally would not use them for a pressure side application but folks do.

Just make sure that you check for air and fuel leaks after you have replaced any hoses.

Comment

Fuel filter bowl

Just in case I have to remove the fuel filter bowl assy. and put it in the freezer to get the bowl off I would have to cut the two clamps ...so that is where I would use them. It is about 40 miles to a Yammie dealer here or I would get the proper ties.
      I could double tie each side until I could get the proper clamps I guess.
      Thanks

Comment

If you HAVE the room to double zip tie, rotate the latching mechanisms 180* from each other. You'll get a better seal that way.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Depending on how much room you have to work with, you can often take a sewing needle(with one end that has a "ball"). Slip the sharp end into the plastic clamp.

What your trying to do is push back the tab that holds the clamp together. It does have to be dead center or it won't touch the "tab".
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-23-2015, 05:32 PM.
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I have used a real small screwdriver to do this before, but do not think it is possible on one that is pulled up tight with a strain on it

Comment

feul lines

I use oetekers (one ear) and nylon curved zip (320107) ties for most fuel lines and sometimes very small zip for really small lines...a SS hose clamp are a bad joke for outboards and if doubled can be used for I/O'S and and inboards as they have bigger OD hose....a true 360 seal is what your looking for and also oetekers come all sizes and are not UV affected....
              Last edited by bajakeith; 04-23-2015, 04:40 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Working...
              X