Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 25hp 4 stroke clicking sound, plus vibrating

Hey guys
    I just bought this 1999 f25elrx and it starts right up, idles really good, but when I give it gas it will bog down but then revs up when I'm on the water, if I have it in a barrel it will just bog instead of reving up, I did clean the carb but it looked as clean as new, and also there's a kind of loud clicking noise and vibration coming from the balancer area which is on the top front area of the motor, when I rev it but is quiet when idling. I have added a link to video of startup and slowly reving it up.
    Any ideas to what could be wrong?

looks like you are trying to rev it up in neutral and the motor is trying to protect itself

just my guess/thoughts

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, But It does the same thing when I'm driving in gear, at half throttle it will bog and miss, but once I full rev it revs up pretty good and goes 20mph, back at half throttle it will sometimes miss a bit again.. first time owner of a 4 stroke outboard so I don't know these that good. I might try to get a better video of it on the lake tomorrow.
      Last edited by Nathan304; 01-26-2021, 11:52 PM.

Comment

OK it just sounded different the way you wrote it
        "idles really good, but when I give it gas it will bog down but then revs up when I'm on the water"
        I am guessing the balancer you talk about is the flywheel?
        might need to look for what is making the loud clicking noise

Comment

This is what I mean when I talk about the balancer

Comment

I am of no help on that motor ,I never knew they even had a balancer
            is this balancer a problem with these motors?
            Last edited by 99yam40; 01-27-2021, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Alright no problem,
              hopefully someone knows, I have kind of the 2 different problems, one being maybe a carb issue, and the other issue with the noise and vibration, since I don't know the engine that well either I don't know if it is suppose to be ticking that loud. (I doubt it)

Comment

Working...
              X