Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha to HDS Live

Device Bus.JPGBills plugs.JPG

A mate of mine has a Yamaha 70 hp four stroke and wants to be able to display engine and fuel data on his HDS Live. There is no nmea 2000 backbone fitted to the boat but he does have 2 Yamaha CY8 Multi Function gauges. So my question is what is required to connect the Yamaha to a nmea backbone is there a loom to go from the back of the gauges or direct from the engine?

Here is a bit of information some one sent me but I need more information if possible

it is not necessary to connect to the engine though, you can use the 6Y8 LAN Hub behind the dash which the gauges run into....There are 2 ways to do this...

Navico NMEA2000 Starter Kit

Navico Yamha Interface Cable

or.....

Navico NMEA2000 Starter Kit

Genuine Yamaha Gateway (Highly recommended)

Yamaha LAN Cable

NMEA2000 drop cable

The photos show the unit that the gauges plug into with 2 unused sockets (Device and Bus) that have covers over them is this the LAN hub and are these unused sockets used for the connections?
    Last edited by Barcrusher670; 01-26-2021, 06:15 PM.

This is the Yamaha method to add NMEA2000 (N2K) to the multi-hub. Taken from the Yamaha Rigging Guide.
    You need a free DEVICE port. If you dont have one, then you can cascade 2 multi-hubs together

Capture.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by Barcrusher670 View Post
      The photos show the unit that the gauges plug into with 2 unused sockets (Device and Bus) that have covers over them is this the LAN hub and are these unused sockets used for the connections?

Ok, the "BUS" is not 'unused' - that cap on it is the terminal resistor, it needs to be there.

but there is a free DEVICE port - and that's what you will connect to.

Now you have several options;

to simply get engine data to the HDS,
      without having a NMEA 2000 backbone - or a Yamaha Gateway
      you connect the NMEA 2000 port on the HDS, to that Yamaha device port.
      Because of the connector genders, it will likely take two cables.

Alternatively, as referenced above,
      you can create a NMEA 2000 backbone for the HDS and a Gateway,
      and connect the other side of the gateway to the Yamaha Device port.

Comment

Is there any chance that you could find the necessary part numbers either way? It would be greatly appreciated if so.

Comment

Command Link® / Command Link Plus® Gateway MAR-GTWAY-KT-10

This is for the relatively expensive Yamaha Gateway option.

Comment

Thanks for all the help he has decided to go with the Yamaha Gateway option and is ordering it tomorrow.
            Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X