Yamaha F60 losing fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F60 losing fuel pressure

I have a 2017 yamaha f60 that has been losing fuel pressure at low rpm’s. It will continue to idle but very rough, as soon as i try to accelerate it will cut off completely. It will start back up fine and will begin to idle roughly until i pump the bulb several times. Motor runs fine and never loses fuel pressure as long as i am at half to full throttle. I have changed the fuel line and fuel filter with no luck. It started about 1.5 years ago and did it once or twice then it started doing it about once a month. Now it does it several times whenever i take it out. Any ideas are appreciated

Replace or repair the manual lift fuel pump. Your pumping the primer ball is doing what the lift pump should be doing.

Comment

if the fuel pump repair does not do it, check for air leaks on the suction side of the pump.

Comment

Replace lift pump, change all fuel lines. Use the correct clamps. Check anti sipon valve. Make sure tank vent is clear.
        Most guys remove spring and check valve in anti sipon valve. Beside deep cly batts on a outboard the 2nd most common mistake I sea is the primer bulb not pointing skyward....even from many well known boat builders..arrrg !!

Comment

I'll bet the problem is the engine mounted low pressure fuel filter top has a microscopic crack & is sucking air, i have replaced probably more than a dozen of them for this exact problem that has been described, when I have replaced the engine low pressure fuel filter, the fault has been rectified on every engine that I have done, like I said, probably more than a dozen of them now.

Comment

any updates on this problem yet ??

Comment

Working...
            X