Carb trouble???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb trouble???

I have a 1999 90 HP Yamaha. When running the boat, my rpms have been dropping and then picking back up. I put the boat in garage and started pummping the fuel ball to see if it would stay hard. As I was doing this, gas started pouring out of the prop. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but I have a friend who is and wanted to give him some insight before he looked at the motor. I am thinking a carb problem. Wondering if anyone has had an issue like this and has a possible solution?? Also, when flushing motor with the hose adapter, is it ok to turn the motor on like if you were using the ear muffs??

check to see if it indeed ran out of prop exhaust or ran down midsection from carb overflow. if it has been a while you should definately clean your carbs.

Comment

It's leaking from the prop exhaust, what do you think the problem could be??

Comment

Bonefisher,
        Ruptured diaphram in the fuel pump, I believe, would cause fuel to come out the prop exhaust when you pump the bulb.
        Ken K [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Where is the fuel pump located and if it is a diaphragm problem, is it an easy fix??

Comment

Where is the fuel pump located and if it is a diaphragm problem, is it an easy fix??

Comment

Post your email and I'll send you a service manual for it.

Mike

Comment

Already fixed the problem. Put the new fuel pump in and the ball stays hard now. I wish all fixes were that easy. I appreciate everyones help!

Comment

Working...
                X