1984 40 hp yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 40 hp yamaha

Would like to add tilt and trim. What would be best option.

Originally posted by Cajun433 View Post
    Would like to add tilt and trim. What would be best option.
    aftermarket electric or manual

Comment

Electric power trim. Can I buy used unit and add to my unit ? Also can you tell what year your motor is by the serial number ?
      Last edited by Cajun433; 04-17-2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

The aftermarket tilt and trim is a motor bracket that bolts onto the transom and the motor bolts onto the bracket...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun433 View Post
          Electric power trim. Can I buy used unit and add to my unit ? Also can you tell what year your motor is by the serial number ?
          The complete model identity of the motor should provide information as to the year of the motor. Give us the complete serial number and I will look and see if I have information regarding its model year.

For 1984 the models that were offered by Yamaha USA are the 40ELN, 40ESN, 40LN and 40SN. All appear to be manual tilt models.

The problem is that the motors did not come with structural or electrical provisions such that a Yamaha trim and tilt unit can be added later. There is nothing to bolt the trim and tilt unit to and there are no electrical connections on the motor to operate it.

What is being suggested is to add an aftermarket device between the motor and the transom that can do the same job as a trim and tilt unit. Here is one that might work. It is rated for 35 HP but it should be able to do the job for your motor.

CMC PT-35 Tilt and Trim for up to 35 HP | CMC Marine

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            What is being suggested is to add an aftermarket device between the motor and the transom that can do the same job as a trim and tilt unit. Here is one that might work. It is rated for 35 HP but it should be able to do the job for your motor.

CMC PT-35 Tilt and Trim for up to 35 HP | CMC Marine
            Great unit, have one on my 35 Mercury. Just be aware of their note.

Note: The inside dimension of the motor mounting area of the PT-35 is 11 inches. Before ordering, please make sure that the maximum width of the clamp mounting feet and/or mounting bolts of the motor that must fit into this area does not exceed this 11 inch limit. Refer to the transom view drawings.

Comment

Serial #409125. Model# 40ELJ I think it is a 1986 model
              Last edited by Cajun433; 04-18-2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X