2003 F50 TLRB starting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 F50 TLRB starting issues

i have a 2003 yamaha F50 TLRB with the 4 carburetor set and prime start.
    i have a very hard time starting the motor.

1} i would squeeze the bulb and hear the gas is pumping into the fuel filter and the bulbs is hard.

2} i would pump the throttle forward and back to neutral at least 8-10 times.

3} turn the key, sometime it start but most of the time i would have it would not and i would have to give it 3-5 more pump.

4} after it warm up in it run flawless, no hiccup or anything...just flawless.

5} turn off the motor and fish for 30 minutes or so. and again i would have to squeeze the bulbs and pump the throttle back and forth 4-5 time before starting again.

i have water in between my fuel line.
    clean out my carburetor once in every 2 years and it always clean inside and out.
    alway fill up my gas at chevron mid grade and use YAMAHA RINGFREE and Startron additives on every fill up.

i live in california and use my boat just about every week.

is this normal?

bought this boat used 6 years ago.

any suggestions?

Originally posted by nicky952 View Post
    i have a 2003 yamaha F50 TLRB with the 4 carburetor set and prime start.
    i have a very hard time starting the motor.

1} i would squeeze the bulb and hear the gas is pumping into the fuel filter and the bulbs is hard.

2} i would pump the throttle forward and back to neutral at least 8-10 times.

3} turn the key, sometime it start but most of the time i would have it would not and i would have to give it 3-5 more pump.

4} after it warm up in it run flawless, no hiccup or anything...just flawless.

5} turn off the motor and fish for 30 minutes or so. and again i would have to squeeze the bulbs and pump the throttle back and forth 4-5 time before starting again.

i have water in between my fuel line.
    clean out my carburetor once in every 2 years and it always clean inside and out.
    alway fill up my gas at chevron mid grade and use YAMAHA RINGFREE and Startron additives on every fill up.

i live in california and use my boat just about every week.

is this normal?

bought this boat used 6 years ago.

any suggestions?
    I would get rid of all the water in your fuel system(tank,pump,carbs,& and lines), if that is what you are saying

Comment

Your engine is carbureted and you do have prime start on carbs 1 & 3.

You should not have "pump the throttle" for start up. Opening the throttle is leaning out the mix, if anything, working against starting cold.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...lrb/carburetor

Capture.JPG
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I will be taking the carburetor apart and clean them out again this week.
        Hopefully everything is good..

Comment

I am a young man who dreams of becoming an outboard technician in Korea. The carburetor must use a choke during initial startup. However, your model has a prime starter, so you can check the prime starter.

Comment

Working...
          X