Oil Injection Hose Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Injection Hose Size

I want to replace all the hoses that inject oil into the intake on my 2001 Z200TXR hpdi. They are really brittle. I have searched around and see references to the tygon hose and a size of 5/32 OD. can anyone confirm the sizes. I dont want to order it, I will just run into town and pick it up.

everything I have seen on Yamahas is metric,
    might pull one and take it with you to compare

Comment

Yup - just take a piece with you. Or, use one those fancy tools that can can tell you sizes of things. If there's any tight bends in the current hoses, make sure the hose you buy won't kink or that you have enough room to make a more gradual bend. Note, that sometimes it won't kink right away - but will in the future.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Everything I have ever seen on a Yam is metric.

Will Tygon, even having the same IDs, have the same flow rates as the Yam OEM hose?

Comment

If the hose was painted in manufacturing with the grey/blue Yamaha paint then the hose may be just fine and the paint is just cracking.....the recirculating lines on my C 90 are cracked like that.....you may not have a problem. If you want to replace the lines then take a sample section to your Yamaha dealer and buy the correct hose.....

Comment

OD dosnt mean nothing ID is what counts. I have had no issue at all,, ever. You do need to route with the forsite of gravity, vibration and slight shifting.. plan smart and use your brain
            Also ONLY Otiker clamped proper. No worm screw hose clamps (that have NO place anywhere on a outboard) be careful not to over clamp with too much pressure

Comment

Too small an OD could result in the hose being too sensitive to kinking. Wall thickness too thin.

Does Yam use Oetiker clamps on their oil injection hoses?

Comment

do they even make Oetiker clamps that small?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  I don't think so.

In that application Oetiker clamps, if they are even available, would be vast overkill.

Now some folks, being overly cautious, might want to double up on Oetiker clamps. One alone might not be sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    Welcome aboard by the way. I see that you just joined again this month.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Welcome aboard by the way. I see that you just joined again this month.
                      I have never figured it out, Since the last time they updated the web site it seems they say I just joined every time I post.
                      I pay no attention to it anymore

Comment

Yes they make them that small. They are made in many, many sizes. I use what's called a "single ear". Sometimes it's very hard to get the clamping tool in position. So,, you have to get creative Like install clamp first than install.also the correct size round end zip tie's work good. But should be replace every so many years.. there is also plastic round crimp clamps.. hard to find
                        OMC used them for every connection for years . A little squeeze once in a while is good smarts. Oetiker are not over kill. I have never needed to use more then one The pic of the clamp above is a spring clamp
                        Not a Oetiker

I maintain a few SAR vessels. Peoples life's depend on my work,, so I do The best I Can.
                        Last edited by Keithbaja; 01-23-2021, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X