1992 Yamaha 40 MSHQ. Trouble finding parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Yamaha 40 MSHQ. Trouble finding parts

I’m looking for a needle jet part # 6H4-14947-07-00. Does anyone know of a replacement part or can point me in the right direction. I’ve been doing a lot of over due maintenance on the motor I bought. Now I’m in the carburetors and the main jet in one looks like someone used the wrong screwdriver and stripped it. I’m taking it to a machine shop to hopefully be removed. If they damage the needle jet under it I’m, I’ll just say in a pickle. Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Try www.jetsrus.com

Comment

at least the main jet is available, and that is what is buggered up right now.
      that is what regulates how much fuel flows.
      I would think a good heated sonic clean would help get the jet and passages clean without pulling that main jet, or did they damage it to the point it interferes with the proper fuel flow?

if the carb is damaged or the needle jet when they remove the main, then you worry about what to do about finding something to fix that.

that needle is shown on the 89 thru 94 models so maybe you could find a used carb if that was needed to fix your problem

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s. I think he can get it with out damages. Just preparing for the worst. The jet is still ok but don’t have a sonic cleaner and no repair shops that may have one close. I stopped messing with it until I could get it looked at. If they say it’ll mess up the nozzle or the carburetor I may leave it until I locate a used carburetor. Again I appreciate the response.

Comment

Working...
        X