Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 50TLR - ProSeries Tach & Trim gauge - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 50TLR - ProSeries Tach & Trim gauge - HELP!

I just bought a 50TLR and the previous owner threw in a tach. It looks used and from the pictures in the catalog it appears to be an analog Pro series for a two stroke with the three oil indicator lights. I got the tach to register correct RPM and lights work. I'm having trouble figuring out what harness or harnesses I need and where they hook up to get the oil level lights and a 6Y5-83670-12 trim gauge to work. I also have harness 6Y5-83653-00-00. Don't know if it goes with this set up. If not I can list it on Ebay. I've included pics of my tach to make this a little clearer. I'd appreciate some guidance with this little mess I have on my hands! Thanks.
    Attached Files

That does not appear to be the correct tachometer for a 50TLR. Here is what Yamaha shows as being applicable:

Comment

seems to be a 6Y5-83540-05 gauge used on 2 strokes.

I guess you can find what you're looking for here

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

Thx for your quick response boscoe99. Please bear with me here so I get this straight in my noggin. So what I'm understanding is I can't get these Pro Series Two Stroke Gauges to work with this two stroke motor even using harness 6Y5-85335-00-00 that I just found in the '14 MRP Catalog. If I need to buy new Gauges or Gauge. I'd rather stick with just one that shows RPM/Trim/Oil. Is it possible to use Kit 6YR-W0035-E3-00? If not I'm back to square one. Selling the gauges and harnesses that I have and buying the kit you mention.
        Thanks.

Comment

I am just showing what Yamaha indicates is the situation.

A two stroke 50TLR has a single four pin connector in the engine pan for connection to an analog tachometer and trim gauge. The two light analog tachometer is configured to connect to that connector via the trim/oil harness that you have.

A two L/250G is configured to connect to the tachometer that you have. See the differences in the diagram below. This configuration uses two four pin connectors in the engine pan and also uses a relay module between the motor and the tachometer. It also uses a different part number trim/oil harness.

While there may be a way to connect your tachometer to your motor I don't know what that way is.

Comment

Got it. Thanks for going that next step in explaining boscoe99. I appreciate your help. Going gauge hunting tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X