No announcement yet.

yamaha 60hp outboard motor 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is a 2003 model yamaha 2 stroke, 3cylinder engine, 3 carburator, 60FETO, 6H2K, L , 1001479

Comment

the engine starts up normal but it has power only on the 1st and 3rd cylinder, it does not fire up on the 2nd, we can use it as it is but wanted to clarify as to why the 2nd does not fire up, that is why we are thinking there is a timing issue, in the manual it states there is a retard and advance timing so that is why we are thinking maybe the 2nd cylinder will fire after a certain speed, maybe yamaha have designed it that way to control on fuel usage,,, dont know, just thinking

Comment

have tried before, the engine has been with 2 supposedly great tech before i took it from them, they both said it is the CDI unit that is faulty and i bought a new one but still same problem, seychelles is a small country, 80,000 population so there's not a lot of places to take it to...that is why i'm here on the forum asking for help, everyone is clueless about this problem.. it is not about saving money, all i want is to know what the problem is

Comment

has anyone bothered to test the crank position sensor??
          this CDI designe uses a single pulser coil to trigger cyl's 1&3.
          cyl two is triggered internally by the CPS and the CDI.

its a funky setup but used on many 3 cyl yamahas.

if the CDI loses the CPS signal you lose spark on #2.

Comment

Shift interrupter ?

Comment

fantastic, positive response, going to try the CPS now... thank you

Comment

tested the CPS and it is still good, now have been thru the manual and just came across this note under electrical chapter :
                ' Normally, #2 cylinder will not fire when cranking with starting motor. it powers all ignition coils, except #2, when engine speed is 500 r/min from the cranking speed. The coil output varies greatly with cranking speed.'

so i believe this is our answer, nothing faulty, it has been programmed that way.

Comment

Gee who would have thought. Brings me back to grade 9 auto. Allways read you FufufufufAAAAAACTORY manual. Because my teacher 25 years ago said it that way, it always stuck. Hows the motor running.

Comment

Working...
                  X