Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Yamaha F60 4stroke Oil alarm sensor / Oil pressure switch issue

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2008 F60 4 stroke on my skiff that runs great and hasn't skipped a beat for 1300 hours. Only thing I'm dealing with now is my oil pressure light and buzzer is going off at idle. If I turn the ignition on and off to clear the alarm and run the motor, the oil pressure light and alarm won't turn on while at higher RPMs. But as soon as I come back down to idle, it will. The motor is still healthy, sounds good, has enough oil, and the performance is there. I've also been able to run it like this for quite a few hours without an issue unless at idle. Could this be a faulty or dirty/clogged oil pressure switch / oil pressure sensor? Maybe some sludge build up that doesn't clear unless at high RPMs? Also, where can I find it at on the block?

BTW, I run Yamalube 20w50 and have installed new gauge and main harnesses as well (but still have the issue).

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Ken
    Last edited by MrKenDiaz; 04-14-2015, 01:22 PM.

Oil Switch

I have the same engine.

Ill try to the attach the service manual here. The oil pressure sender switch is (I think) on the port side of the engine. The service manual shows the location.

perhaps test the sender to eliminate that possibility. Put it in line with an air hose and gauge and see when it has continuity (closes circuit) I think its 10psi.

Cheers,
    Christian

Comment

Working...
    X