No announcement yet.

temperature alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked the wiring as suggested and found a pink wire not connected to anything. I turned the key on and grounded the pink wire and guess what - the buzzer in the remote con*****er sounded off. So I'll just install the temp sensor when it comes and be back in business. I guess someone must have removed it in the past and never replaced it. You guys are amazing and do a great service for the boating enthusiast. Thanks again Bill

Comment

Originally posted by fisherman363 View Post
      I just checked the wiring as suggested and found a pink wire not connected to anything. I turned the key on and grounded the pink wire and guess what - the buzzer in the remote con*****er sounded off. So I'll just install the temp sensor when it comes and be back in business. I guess someone must have removed it in the past and never replaced it. You guys are amazing and do a great service for the boating enthusiast. Thanks again Bill
      well that is good news, makes the install a lot simpler.
      now see if you can get your hands on some heat sink compound to put inside that hole when installing the switch.
      it helps make sure the switch sees the temp of the head and keeps out moisture and corrosion
      Last edited by 99yam40; 12-20-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fisherman363 View Post
        Excellent! It's also possible that the wire harness is "standard", but your motor never had the temp sensor to begin with so that pink wire has just been sitting there since day one feeling quite unfulfilled
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          I see a "thermo switch" in the parts list
          but I don't know what the red notation "O/I" means

Perhaps Boscoe can explain

Boscoe cannot explain. Neither can Yamaha. So far.

O/I makes me think it stands for Optional/Installation but that is just a far fetched guess. And the service manual makes no mention of the thermoswitch being optional. SM shows it being there.

Yamaha data at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Boscoe cannot explain. Neither can Yamaha. So far.

O/I makes me think it stands for Optional/Installation but that is just a far fetched guess. And the service manual makes no mention of the thermoswitch being optional. SM shows it being there.

Yamaha data at its best.
            Boscoe... if the "plug" that is currently in the hole (instead of the switch) was there from the factory, it would be painted the same color as the block, correct? And, IF no-one has touched it, it should not have any tool marks on the paint? In case anyone didn't figure that out, that was a "big if" 'Course this doesn't really make a lick of difference one way or the other in regards to what's going on - just interesting.
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X