Oil injection pump options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil injection pump options

Ok so I'm doing this rebuild on my 50ejrq and decided to just replace everything I could new, while looking and ordering parts I found the oil injection pump, one of the things I most wanted to replace is "no longer available" and can't be rebuilt, anyone have any options?

What has your dealer told you?

I am guessing that 6H4-W1320-09-00 is what you need.

What is wrong with the pump that you have? They almost never ever fail.

Rodbolt - What say yee?

Comment

I am with ya,
      failure rate is almost 0.

I would test the check valves run it on 50/1 as recommended, mark the engine tank and cross check the amount of oil consumed vs the amount of fuel burned at the 10 gallon mark.

two biggest reasons AFTER overheat that I see 50's fail is water in the oil tank from the stupid oil drip catcher and water injestion from transducer or mounting the engine to low.

Comment

Not sure what dealer you are talking about, I order my parts from here. If I'm rebuilding a motor that is a 1992 not sure I want to put an old oil pump back on, built many car motors and i would never put an old oil pump on them. If I could bunch test it, then maybe I would feel more at ease with the old pump. I will have to look when I get home on the part number to see if that is the one I need

Comment

I was talking about a local dealer that you can visit and have meaningful discussions with. Maybe there is a crusty old mechanic like Rodnut in the back of the shop that can be a wealth of information. They have lots of stuff in their heads that is not written down on paper.

Internet dealers are great with parts pricing but technical help is all but non-existent.

Rodbolt, I and all of the others here are not part of the boats.net dealership. We are here just trying to help fellow boaters, like you, if and when we can.

Go to the Yamaha USA parts catalog and look at a 1984 50 HP model. Look at the oil pump part number. It is 6H4-13200-01-00. Same number is used for a 1985 thru 1988 model 50 HP. In 1989 it changed to a 6H4-13200-02-00. In 1990 it changed to a 6H4-13200-04-00.

Now what I can see, that you can't see, is that the original pump, 6H4-13200-01-00, has been replaced by the other part number that I gave you.

Don't take my word for it. If you don't want to talk to your local dealer then call Yamaha USA Customer Support and see if they will confirm what I am telling you.

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
          1270 Chastain Road
          Kennesaw, GA 30144

For questions:
          (866) 894-1626

Comment

Boscoe99 I hear ya on the dealers, but as for free help, not happening around here, I do talk to a few mechanics, not Yamaha specific, and they all think that the age of the motor, and the hours on it, would be a good idea to replace it. Along with the check valves and old hoses, if that's what is in my budget.
            Rodbolt, I do take care of my oil tank, I had no water, and no water getting in there, it was drained at the beginning of this season, and run with the premix at 50:1 for 12 gallon, I did not do specific measurements, but it was functioning as normal with oil usage, and I was confident all air was out of lines before going to reg non mixed fuel. It's really just the age of everything that makes me want to replace it, I dont want to delete the system. I'm just very uneasy about putting a pump on that has that kind of time on it. I have owned the boat for awhile and has treated me well, but it has been well used, and I do believe most of the damage came from a ring sticking, bad float, and bad diaphragm in the start enrichment system over along time. I do appreciate all you guys do on this board, it's some of the best info out there!

Comment

the way I look at it as long as all check valves check out OK then an oil pump that has been pumping clean oil one time through should not have wear like an oil pump that is pumping dirty oil over and over like a auto motor

Comment

Very valid point!

Comment

Working...
                X