HPDI Oil Pump shaft leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPDI Oil Pump shaft leak

I have a VZ200TLRC. When I changed the water pump last year, there was 2 stroke oil on the shaft and oil dripped out of the mid section while i was changing the impeller. I put it back together and it has run fine but smokes and idles low at first start up if it has sat for a few days. After I run it, it idles fine and doesn't smoke.

I unbolted the oil pump from the block and there was oil behind it. Some ran out of the hole in the block. Is there supposed to be any oil showing behind the pump? I left the pump unbolted so I can see if oil drips out of the back of the pump.

Of course there should be oil on the engine side of the oil pump.

Comment

What should I check for the oil pooling in the crankcase? Oil recirculation lines?

Comment

Originally posted by jrchandler View Post
        What should I check for the oil pooling in the crankcase? Oil recirculation lines?
        I suspect he highlighted oil seals that are likely leaking and need replacing...
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Ah. For some reason the picture didn’t show up before but I see it now. I have already ordered o-ring 21. I figured o-ring 4 was fine since no oil is leaking out of the block. What exactly does o-ring 21 do? Since there is no o-ring on the inside of that collar, it looks like oil can still get through between the drive shaft and the collar.

Comment

I would have thought there should be a seal of some kind of the shaft or in the oil pump, but I know nothing about those oil pumps

Comment

Originally posted by jrchandler View Post
              Ah. For some reason the picture didn’t show up before but I see it now. I have already ordered o-ring 21. I figured o-ring 4 was fine since no oil is leaking out of the block. What exactly does o-ring 21 do? Since there is no o-ring on the inside of that collar, it looks like oil can still get through between the drive shaft and the collar.
              Dunno, never been in a Yamaha pump..

Should the seal keep oil from leaking to the outside, obviously, it needs replacing.

The other, W/O seeing how it assembles, might , or may not be needed..

Plz post back how it goes/the fix..

Scott

Comment

How'd this go Townsends?
                1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
                1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                  How'd this go Townsends?
                  Dunno, it's not my motor/boat, nor am I the Op.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X