Yamaha 130 beto 1996

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130 beto 1996

HI from Europe,i have a 130v4 beto 1996 engine i bought it used,when i get the service manual i checked as it per instructions about the timings,from manual the BTDC is 22,ATDC 5 and for carb picking up only linkage with specified length off 53mm,after checking the marks i found that BTDC was at 25 degrees which is timing for 115v4,ATDC was 5 degrees as manual described and the length of carb pick up was at 57mm.I would like to set BTDC at 22 as manual instructions but i don't have either timing light or dial gauge,if i just mechanically adjust the linkage at 22 degrees i will have any problems?Also i understand that if i adjust the linkage for BTDC at full throttle then i have to adjust the screw of full retard to get again to 5 ATDC.The engine is idling well but is rough until 1500 rpms then from middle to full throtle is good!Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Best to check timing with a light to see what it is actually doing
    I have owned a timing light for many years,
    and if you plan on working on automotive or marine motors, it is a very good tool to have.

here in the USA the auto part stores have rental tools, not sure where you are

Comment

Hi thanks for your response i understand that is better to check timing with light but i do not have one and i am not planning to work in the marine industry to buy one,here in Greece we don't have rental tools,if i make the adjustment mechanically is any possibility to make a huge problem to my motor or should i leave it as it is?Thanks again for helping.

Comment

Working...
      X