TRIM & tilt for 93 C40-PLRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRIM & tilt for 93 C40-PLRR

Hi Gang...Looking for an upgrade or way to pump up my existing tilt unit so it will TRIM under power...The bracket actually has the bosses/'pads for the twin ram set-up that was on my Yami 125....I've also heard that the Evinrude/Johnsons of that same era have the single rams that TRIM & tilt...And thre supposed to fit...Anybody with any input would be appreciated....

There are single ram power tilt only models and there are single ram power trim and tilt models.

I am not aware of any conversion being possible to the unit itself.

A 1997 C40TLRV has power trim and tilt. Compare the mid-section of the C40PLRR to the mid-section of the C40TLRV to see what the differences are. Maybe the power trim and tilt from a TLRV model can be adapted to your PLRR model.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe...Now finding one of those critters is gona be a trick..They must be using the same bracket cus this one has the twin trim bosses...

Comment

looks like Yamaha did not may a 40 in tilt and trim until 1995,
        I did not see a 40TLR listed until 95.

I am not sure what you are calling duel trim bosses ,since the 40 only has the one ram with pins that slide thru for both ends
        they make after market add on T&T manual and electric that might work ,but they are made to mount whole non T&T motors to, so I am not sure how that would work with the ram on your motor
        Last edited by 99yam40; 11-16-2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sea-nile View Post
          Thanks Boscoe...Now finding one of those critters is gona be a trick..They must be using the same bracket cus this one has the twin trim bosses...
          You can clearly see if they used the same bracket or not by inspecting the Yamaha parts catalogs for the two models.

Comment

Thanks again Boscoe..will do a quick look see,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              looks like Yamaha did not may a 40 in tilt and trim until 1995,
              I did not see a 40TLR listed until 95.

I am not sure what you are calling duel trim bosses ,since the 40 only has the one ram with pins that slide thru for both ends
              they make after market add on T&T manual and electric that might work ,but they are made to mount whole non T&T motors to, so I am not sure how that would work with the ram on your motor
              99 yam...by twin bosses..I mean..two pads/protrusions (cast into the bracket from the factory) where a dual ram tilt pistons would push against

Comment

Both models use a single ram. Single but different. As shown in the parts book.

picture uploading websites

Comment

Brackets are different for tilt versus trim and tilt.

Comment

Ok Boscoe....After comparing the schematics to my motor....I have the piston in the first pic & the bracket from the second....any ideas whats goin on....??

Comment

I have not a clue. Sorry.

Comment

Thats cool...The time,effort & info has been very helpfull..Many thanks..I'm guessing Its what I've seen in the automotive industry...when they got low on stock...alot of the designing was meant to be switched over model to model.....
                        Last edited by sea-nile; 12-14-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X