2018 Yamaha f115XB -2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Yamaha f115XB -2 questions

I purchased but have not taken delivery of a used 2018 camp return Yamaha F115B model outboard. I am now scrambling to get the rest of the boat ready to hang the motor.

i am hoping you guys can help me with two+ questions.

1. Where can I obtain a proper service manual for this engine? Not users manual but actual service manual.

2. I am assuming (yikes!) that this motor has a Command Link wiring interface (4 pin/2 wire?). Can anybody confirm?

3.... one more related to the previous. What electrical harnesses are accessible to me under the cowling? I know there will be the 10 pin main engine harness and I suspect the 4 pin/4 wire trim/oil harness as well as battery connections. Anything else?

thanks for the help.

Looks like I might have answered my own question for #1. The proper manual appears to be LIT-18616-03-54 and I can order from boats.net as per the sticky message at the top of the forum? sorry I didn't see that earlier.....

Comment

Yes you can order it on this website. Most people miss that...I was just going to send you the link. Answers to your other questions will be in the manual!

Comment

What is a camp return motor?

Boscoe and Fairdeal have posted on command link and command link plus in the past, I am sure a 2018 would be capable.
        also should have a separate isolated house battery charge connection you can buy a harness/cable for too

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          What is a camp return motor?
          should have explained.. camp or lease return are engines that were used at fishing lodges on the west coast of BC. They are installed new and then used for a season. At the end of the season, they are returned to the dealer and a new batch sent out. These motors are 1 season old but could have relatively high hours. No engines were used in 2020 so there are no camp returns this year. I bought a previous season when I realized that there would be none from the disasterous 2020 season.

thanks for answers so far.

Comment

Working...
          X