1986 pro v 150j

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 pro v 150j

I have 2 float carbs on my 1986 pro v 150j . I have also a set of single float carbs for the same engine. The single float carb set from what I can find so far are on a 1986 L200ETXJ up to sn 700126. Can I use the single float set on my 150? Pro or con advise welcome.
    TIA

getting 50hp by changing just the carbs may not work,
    I would think there would be more to it than that
    but you can check all of the part numbers between those 2 motors to see what other things are different too

I know my C40TLRX would need exhaust tuner and jets to turn into a 50

Comment

Hi again friend. Find a website that has the parts list for 1986 (like this one - https://irwinsupply.dealerspikeparts...l200etxj-parts) and look at the carb parts list and you can see the parts and exploded diagram for both carbs you have. You can see that there were jets made for the your single float carb for 150 HP motors. That would be one thing you would want to investigate, jet size is related to HP and fuel delivery, very important. If the carbs mount and all of the linkages line up correctly so the butterfly valves are open the same amount for the same throttle and you have the correct jet size, I do not see why it would not work however, the diagrams show that the jets are not the same size for a 150 and 200 HP. Finding the correct jets for that particular carb may be near impossible. I can tell you have searched for OEM (and aftermarket) and aftermarket for a 1988 150 HP and they are not available. I needed to replace and idle jet in one of mine and I had to measure the thread size, total dimensions, hole size and I did find one with the very similar specs and I installed it and it worked but it took me a while to find it. Having said all of that, I do not know for sure if you will have problems if your jets are not the correct size but I would think you would and your fuel to air mix would be off at all speeds.

If you are lucky, maybe you have a set of carbs that have 150 HP jets in them. You would have to measure the hole size, some jets may have a marking on them as well to tell you their size.

Comment

Working...
      X