Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40 2006 Carb Syncronize

Hello

I have a Yamaha F40 model of 2006 and I want to syncronize the 3 carburetors, I have a vacuum syncronizer like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/181181293414...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT but whatever I do I can't syncronize them.
    Could anyone help me?

Thanks
    Last edited by tanou2015; 03-31-2015, 12:35 PM.

Are you following the procedure in the service manual? It worked great for me, although I was using a vacuumate. Your use of gauges should not matter however.

Comment

I don't have the service manual.. only owner's manual

Comment

Hope this can help

Comment

Thank you very much for your help!
          I follow the instructions but the manometer indicators are bouncing at 900rpm...they stay stable only when I reach 3.500rpm..

Comment

See if you can borrow a vacuumate device. So much easier than trying to work with vacuum gauges.

Comment

undampend vacuum gauges are about usless.
              I owned a set for a bit,loaned them out and lucky for me they never came back.

you will either need a dampend set or a vacuum mate type.

Comment

My vacuum gauge has an adjustable valve for each gauge..If I close the valves until the indicators stop bouncing will it shows me the right amount of vacuum?

Comment

Originally posted by tanou2015 View Post
                  If I close the valves until the indicators stop bouncing will it shows me the right amount of vacuum?
                  Yes, thats what should happen
                  I have a similar vacuum gauge set and thats the way I tune carbs on my F100, on the my F40 I havenīt tuned the the carbs yet.

Donīt close to much the valves as you may have a wrong reading. Sometimes you may need to readjust the valves during the process.

Vacuummate its a nice tool but very expensive for a non professional of the business (IMO) at least for my pocket.

I've been chasing a used vacummmate for more than 2 years on ebay at good price but had no luck as is a tool worth good money even on 2nd hand (min 350/400 $ or €)

Comment

Working...
                  X