Enduro model number cross reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enduro model number cross reference

Hey guys, coming in for help with an enduro 15. Haven't had any luck with accurate reference as to year and model that I may use as a substitute for this motor when ordering parts in the US. I believe the motor came off a European yacht tender when it was stateside. Currently leaking oil out the water intake screens so looking for a seal kit but feel free to opine on the subject.
    PXL_20201031_200709709~2.jpg

I am no help on the cross referance, but what kind of oil is leaking out?
    2 stroke oil or lower unit gear lube?

Comment

Presumably gear lube, kinda green but a little milky. Haven't drained the lower unit yet...

Comment

smell it gear lube smells a lot different then 2 stroke oil.

also I would drain lower unit to see if there is water present in that gear case, not good to have water on gears and bearings
        Last edited by 99yam40; 11-02-2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Circa 1996 it appears. Might be very similar to a USA model 15MSHU. https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...ar/1996/15mshu

Or a 1995 15MLHT https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...ar/1995/15mlht
          Last edited by boscoe99; 11-02-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            smell it gear lube smells a lot different then 2 stroke oil.

also I would drain lower unit to see if there is water present in that gear case, not good to have water on gears and bearings
            Drained out a fair bit of water and some pretty brown and muddy gear lube...

Comment

Originally posted by RhodeIslandBen View Post

Drained out a fair bit of water and some pretty brown and muddy gear lube...
              not good,
              did you find much metal or rust on the magnet on the drain screw?
              time to pressure test the lower unit to see what all is leaking.
              and might have to pull it apart to see how bad the bearings and gears are

Comment

Resurrecting this discussion...I've replaced all the oil seals as they leaked with a pressure test. Retested and the seals are all good but still losing pressure. Cant see bubbles anywhere but can hear air when ear is up against water inlet screen and prop shaft. What did I miss? Thanks guys

Comment

shift shaft seal and o rings on the drive shaft and prop shaft seal housings.
                  also drain and vent screw gaskets

Comment

https://www.crowleymarine.com/yp/ECF...a-e15cmhs-2003

​​​​​O rings 45 and 46 for the prop housing, what are ethe oringa for the drive shaft? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X