No announcement yet.

Stuck in safe mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The yellow light being illuminated is normally due to low oil in the oil tank.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Those sensors are just switches. Close with increase in temperature. Called thermoswitches.

Top thermoswitch is for engine warm up. Bottom thermoswitch is for over temperature.

Top thermoswitch is normally open. Closes at 38 ~ 52* C. Bottom thermoswitch is normally open. Closes at 90 ~ 96* C.

Only the bottom thermoswitch closing will cause the alarm to sound.
      and only the bottom one should set the RPM reduction

a closed switch should read 0 ohms, a open switch should read OL / open( too high of a resistance for the meter to read)

I do not understand what switch you were moving back and forth,
      but think it is the throttle position wiper arm on the CDI.
      moving it back and forth should not affect RPM reduction mode from all of the stuff I have read in the past.

and The oil pump is gear driven off the crank shaft, so I do not think they fail unless no oil gets to the pump.
      when the strainer plugs from sludge or the foam seal at the bottom of the float mechanism is not removed and replaced with new when put back together it can get in the wrong place and block the oil flow.
      it is best to drain the oil tank before you are going to remove that device to keep sludge or debris out of the pump

if the yellow light is on something is wrong with the float switches/system or wiring

I believe oil has to get thru the strainer into the tube the float mechanism sits in to make the float rise
      look at the parts diagram.
      maybe Boscoe can agree or say I am wrong on this
      Last edited by 99yam40; 11-02-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Had a temp sensor give me trouble once, found salt buildup in sensor mounting hole, cleaned out tested sensor on stove in water all good.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          well when I looked up #34 pilot light assembly that part show in the H and the R parts breakdown.
          I had no idea that was on remote motors

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha...42b83ce680a208

Boscoe, could it be possible that the strainer is not letting oil in so the float never rises with the oil level in the tank?

if that is true, then the motor is not getting the oil it needs to run

or maybe the float is hanging up and will not rise even if covered in oil
          It is possible but that motor uses so little oil, even at wide open throttle, that it would have to be one hellava restriction for not enough oil to get through the strainer.

If the strainer is not properly positioned then it has been known to prevent the free and unrestricted movement of the float.

Comment

Working...
          X