Please help with CL+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with CL+

I installed the motor F250DETH, I want to connect it to the echo sounder. To do this, I bought an adapter 6Y9-8A2D0-20-00 and today it is plugged into a hub. It lights up green light, and the yellow blinking 3 times with a pause. I understand what it means - not being exchanged with the engine.
    How can I be? How to configure the gateway?
    I hope very much for your help.

A Gateway is normally used to provide engine data to an NMEA 2000 device. The only information that the Gateway will allow to be sent to the CL+ display via NMEA 2000 is time, lat/lon and GPS speed.

Sounds like you are trying to convey depth finder information to the CL+ display via the Gateway. I don't think this is possible. Did someone say that this would work?

What you may need is the CL/CL+ Multisensor

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      A Gateway is normally used to provide engine data to an NMEA 2000 device. The only information that the Gateway will allow to be sent to the CL+ display via NMEA 2000 is time, lat/lon and GPS speed.

Sounds like you are trying to convey depth finder information to the CL+ display via the Gateway. I don't think this is possible. Did someone say that this would work?

What you may need is the CL/CL+ Multisensor

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog
      No no. I want to see the information from the engine (RPM, speed, number of fuel) on the sonar screen.

Comment

OK.

First, your chart plotter/device has to be NMEA 2000 compliant. I am assuming that it is.

I presume that you have an NMEA 2000 network connected to the chart plotter and that the network is powered. It must be powered.

Next there has to be a Yamaha network installed in the boat. That network also has to be powered. Usually, it will be powered by the engine when the key is turned ON.

The Gateway will plug into the Yamaha network at one end and into the NMEA 2000 network at the other end.

Is this the way your system is configured?

Comment

OK.

First, your chart plotter/device has to be NMEA 2000 compliant. I am assuming that it is.

I presume that you have an NMEA 2000 network connected to the chart plotter and that the network is powered. It must be powered.

Next there has to be a Yamaha network installed in the boat. That network also has to be powered. Usually, it will be powered by the engine when the key is turned ON.

The Gateway will plug into the Yamaha network at one end and into the NMEA 2000 network at the other end.

Is this the way your system is configured?
          Yes, my chart plotter is Humminbird ONIX and hi is compatible with NMEA 2000. I have a NMEA 200 network: a'm use a Lowrance Point-1 GPS with compas and its work.
          I connected the gateway to the network and it turned green LED. Then I connected it to the hub and turn on the power of the engine: the gateway LED up yellow and began to blink (3 times after a pause). Echo sounder, settings and information does not appear on the connected motor. Maybe I did not choose the right gateway?

Comment

I think there is only one Gateway being used now. The one that you have.

If you have a CL+ display connected to a Yamaha hub, and it is seeing engine data, then I don't understand the Gateway not seeing and transmitting that same data to your chart plotter.

Same with CL gauges. If they see data when connected to a hub then the Gateway should be receiving that same data.

Three yellow flashes from the LED, followed by a pause, then three more flashes, means the Gateway is not receiving engine data.

Comment

I think there is only one Gateway being used now. The one that you have.

If you have a CL+ display connected to a Yamaha hub, and it is seeing engine data, then I don't understand the Gateway not seeing and transmitting that same data to your chart plotter.

Same with CL gauges. If they see data when connected to a hub then the Gateway should be receiving that same data.

Three yellow flashes from the LED, followed by a pause, then three more flashes, means the Gateway is not receiving engine data.
              Apparently I made a mistake: the other day I turned off all the gauges from the hub and then began to connect the gateway. Today I tried to turn on devices - These turn on, but are not getting the data. What could go wrong?

Comment

Does your model motor have digital controls or mechanical controls? An F250DETH is not sold here in the states so I don't really know what is our equivalent. Can you provide me with the serial number? It beings with a 6.

Yamaha has several different configurations so I want to know what it is that you have. I will then try and post some diagrams for you.

Comment

Does your model motor have digital controls or mechanical controls? An F250DETH is not sold here in the states so I don't really know what is our equivalent. Can you provide me with the serial number? It beings with a 6.

Yamaha has several different configurations so I want to know what it is that you have. I will then try and post some diagrams for you.

On the control handle gas I see number: 6x7 a 0004976
                  On the gauges: 6y80-01/6y8t-01
                  On the hub: 6y8-81920-01

Today, I again tried to connect as it was before disconnecting devices and experiments with the gateway. Gauges not shown data. May need to somehow register gauges?

Comment

6Y8 guages don't need to be registered.

This should be more or less the configuration that you would have if only two gauges were installed
                    2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Here is what the Gateway connection to the hub should look like
                    2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Here is how jumpering one hub to another hub, if needed, would look like
                    2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

See page 224 for setup of the NMEA 2000 page(s)

Finally, this is what a Gateway to NMEA 2000 network looks like

Comment

6Y8 guages don't need to be registered.

This should be more or less the configuration that you would have if only two gauges were installed
                      2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Here is what the Gateway connection to the hub should look like
                      2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Here is how jumpering one hub to another hub, if needed, would look like
                      2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

See page 224 for setup of the NMEA 2000 page(s)

Finally, this is what a Gateway to NMEA 2000 network looks like

Thank U!
                      Is it possible to connect without gauges? Only the gateway to the engine
                      through a hub.

Comment

Yes it is possible.

Comment

Thank you all!
                          Everything worked.

Comment

Working...
                          X