No announcement yet.

Looking for an alternative local hose, yamaha has them back ordered 6+ months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an alternative local hose, yamaha has them back ordered 6+ months

2001 30hp 2 stroke 3 hole mshz
    Need new hoses to replace the oil lines that run from the check valves to the intake. This part https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha...acff31b621206e
    It's part 15 on the oil pump parts list

I ordered it back in June and they kept telling me it would be here in about a month, and then another month passed, and another... so I finally cancelled about 2 weeks ago when they updated it again to not being available til possibly December 1st.

Hopefully one of you know what size hose and type i could find local or online that would work in its place. Thanks in advance.

Try Amazon, for example:

https://www.amazon.ca/OnFireGuy-Prem...+fuel+&sr=8-18

Comment

You will have to figure out the size you need...just measure your old ones. Search for snowmobile, motorcycle, small engine fuel clear fuel hose. Local motorcycle, small engine shop should have what you need.
      I would probably still get the Yamaha hose as it seems to last a lot longer..better quality.

Comment

I replaced all of the fuel lines on my F225s with appropriate diameter, automotive high-pressure Fuel Injector hose. I bought a small spool for 30 bucks or so.

Yam wants 800 bucks for their hoses. You read that right. Best of all, a few of them are listed as "unavailable". My suggestion would be to find a suitable replacement hose for pressurized applications. You'll need to get a bit creative to avoid kinks. Run slightly longer sections to widen the bend. With a little care, it will come out fine.
        Last edited by oldmako69; 10-29-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Echo has a really good fuel line (black, not see thru) that holds up extremely well over time and can bent ALOT before kinking...
          Pictured carb is maybe 1.5" wide..

I don't know the ID size of your hose but if you have an Echo (lawn equipment) dealer near you, might swing by and see if it'll fit...

.IE:

Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Old Mako, had a 24ft mako with 235 evinrude.in costa rico for doing charters. Tuff boat. But once you run a proper set up catermaran its impossibleto go back to mono. Any way I get a lot hoses from a parker dealer (not da boat) it's here in town which makes it easy. They mostly do industrial stuff. This one is named the hose shop...lol but look on line for parker and you will hit pay dirt,, I'm sure. After a long day on the ocean (charter) walking up the dock and hear loud burb. Always got asked " what was that?" My reply. Oh that's my outboard.. it was hard to make any money after fuel cost..
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by walleyehunter13 View Post
              2001 30hp 2 stroke 3 hole mshz
              Need new hoses to replace the oil lines that run from the check valves to the intake. This part https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha...acff31b621206e
              It's part 15 on the oil pump parts list

I ordered it back in June and they kept telling me it would be here in about a month, and then another month passed, and another... so I finally cancelled about 2 weeks ago when they updated it again to not being available til possibly December 1st.

Hopefully one of you know what size hose and type i could find local or online that would work in its place. Thanks in advance.
              Why not order #9,#10 or #11. They all appear to be in stk and at least twice as long. Just cut to the length you require.

Comment

G'day mates..... Got past the brain fart. The hose I really like to use is 'Tygon' it's yellow,, semi clear, very easy to work with if you use the correct hose clamps.. Oetikers or the round end zip ties... That no one seems to have a clue about... Anyone here know about round end zip ties,, anyone ??

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
                  G'day mates..... Got past the brain fart. The hose I really like to use is 'Tygon' it's yellow,, semi clear, very easy to work with if you use the correct hose clamps.. Oetikers or the round end zip ties... That no one seems to have a clue about... Anyone here know about round end zip ties,, anyone ??

Like these? Yes, works great on the small lines..

https://www.fuelhoseziptie.com/

Capture.JPG

Scott

Comment

Cross reference for them:

Capture.JPG

I just ordered these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/320107-OMC-...72.m2749.l2649

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-30-2020, 11:05 AM.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

Why not order #9,#10 or #11. They all appear to be in stk and at least twice as long. Just cut to the length you require.
                      It is a shame they do not show a picture of those other hoses to see if the are clear also

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
                        G the round end zip ties... That no one seems to have a clue about... Anyone here know about round end zip ties,, anyone ??
                        Sure. Never heard them referenced as "round head", though. Always just called them fuel line zip ties - but yes, regardless of the name, they're common here - like what Scott linked to.
                        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

I actually just replaced those recently too, they're all the exact same thick rubber grey hose. Not clear. I think I'll just bring one of my check valves with me to a Napa and hope they let me find some hose that fits my need. I had some random sized tygon gas hose laying around from my weed whacker or chainsaw, but I think it was to small since the hose broke at the barb on the check valves after a week.

Comment

Townsend, you win the door prize !! I'll hand one to a guy and ask "what's special about these" most guys look at it and says "the price ?" Very few notice the curve that gives a true 360 seal

Comment

Townsend, wow !! Holy s_t 10 bucks for one ? No way in hell for me.. My jobber charges me under 20 bucks for a bag of 100 10' size. I'm a retailer and get a discount,, but your getting robbed. Imo
                              I'm on the west coast (Santa Cruz ca) and get them from a brick and mortar warehouse called SEAWAY Marine in Seattle. A reel marine source for repair shops. I imagine they sell to the public. Don't really know
                              As I've had a account with them since the crack of dawn...

Comment

Working...
                              X