Can 6Y8 gauges be fitted to a 2006 Aus F80BET EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can 6Y8 gauges be fitted to a 2006 Aus F80BET EFI

Hi all, does anyone know if the above engine can run 6Y8 Tach/speedo, it currently has 6Y5 gauges fitted, I believe this Aus engine is sold in USA as a F75/F90 both being EFI, here in Aus it was sold as F80/F100 EFI. Thanks in advance.

What is the engine ID? Begins with the number 6.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      What is the engine ID? Begins with the number 6.
      This is the engine model & serial numbers

F80BET 6D7 L 1002007

Comment

From what I can see, it is not looking good. The 6Y8 Command Link system was implemented in the USA and Canada with 2006 production year EFI four strokes and HPDI two strokes. The rest of the world seems to have gotten it with 2007 production year models.

An F80B model uses a 6D7 ECU. A 6D7 -10 ECU is pre Command Link whereas a 6D7 -11 ECU is Command Link. Check your ECU and see what dash number it is. If you have a dash -11 ECU, and the appropriate wire harness, then you might, repeat might, be able to use the 6Y8 gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          From what I can see, it is not looking good. The 6Y8 Command Link system was implemented in the USA and Canada with 2006 production year EFI four strokes and HPDI two strokes. The rest of the world seems to have gotten it with 2007 production year models.

An F80B model uses a 6D7 ECU. A 6D7 -10 ECU is pre Command Link whereas a 6D7 -11 ECU is Command Link. Check your ECU and see what dash number it is. If you have a dash -11 ECU, and the appropriate wire harness, then you might, repeat might, be able to use the 6Y8 gauges.
          Thanks for the info update, the engine is not mine, I shall see what I can find out about that ECU p/n

Comment

Working...
          X