Yamaha F150 stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F150 stalling

New to me boat. 07 F150. It stalls at times when coming off idle already in gear. Shifting in and out of gear does not stall. Only happens when giving the initial tip in with the throttle. Any amount of throttle above idle it does not happen. I have a YDS. It showed the following red codes. TPS and throttle valve position. I literally touched the idle screw and it went normal. I turned the idle screw just a hair and they went normal. No alarms. No codes. Boat runs right otherwise. While this is minor, it's irritating at the wrong times.

1st pic is idle in N after adjusting the idle rpm a hair. Other two pics are the codes I got with key ON engine OFF. If I started the engine they turned off. It is sitting about 700rpms half warm. In water it's solid 600 range.

well crap, pics are to big. The red codes are TPS voltage at 0.00 and throttle valve position at -17.5. Again, start engine and they are .7 and.1 with no error.

It was/is a common issue with this engine, been there, done that with my '06 F150.

I have the updated proper link and sync as a PDF. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Some interesting, related reading. https://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/...stroke-problem
    Member Rodbolt, is a Master Tech, so pay close attention to his posts as well.

BTW, There is NO idle screw, your likely messing with the two TB single sync screw... Idle adjustment is a PIA, not like a simple carb..

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yes, the screw on outside. lack of technical knowledge on this for sure. I literally touched it and the code went out. Let off it and it came back.

Comment

You have two e-mails, with PDFs, (regular e-mail address) that should be quite helpful.

Plz post back how it goes..

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-26-2020, 03:01 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Bringing back old thread - same issue on my 2006 Yamaha F150- stall when slowly putting to gear. Is there a diagram that point which screws to turn in Rodbolt procedure? Have yamaha cable and yds 1.33 coming. Thanks, Tomas

Comment

Working...
          X