2007 F150 Corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 F150 Corrosion

We bought a boat with twin 2007 Yamaha F150's with 560 hours. I was not too concerned with the corrosion since the 150's didn't seem effected. When going over the motors better we noticed a lot of exhaust buildup on the lower cowling. We pulled the lower unit to find corrosion inside. I was not able to get a good photo, but the very top I can see a hole, I am worried the hole is in the powerhead but I cannot tell for sure. I was hoping it needs a new exhaust guide, but it looks like that is not the only problem. We bought the boat knowing it needed work, so even if I need a powerhead we are still ok, but obviously would rather not replace a power head on an engine that seems to run well otherwise.

Does anyone have experience with this or photos if the bottom of a F150 powerhead? I tried searching but was not able to find anything specific

Thanks

Andrew

Here is the link to a YouTube video where someone pulled the power head off a F150.

https://youtu.be/p1aM0Kb9qc0

i just pulled my F225 apart to install the corrosion kit. My outboard has 1100hrs and didn’t have much corrosion. So far it’s been about $1100 in parts. Getting everything apart was easy but I am guessing it will take longer to get it back together once we get all the parts in the mail.

Comment

Working...
    X