200 VMAX will not start please help its boating season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 VMAX will not start please help its boating season

Hello , I was out fishing yesterday everything was going fine until I stopped the motor for the third time, and when I tried to start the motor to move to a different spot it would not start. When I got home I checked everything , I had spark, compression, and fuel pressure up to the fuel rail but it seems like the injectors are not firing .Ive worked on plenty of carb. motors but never a fuel injected motor. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this problem? Thanks

What is the actual model number of motor? Did you check for water in fuel filter?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

model # is VX200TLRZ SN is 66xl003169, there was no water in fuel filter.

Comment

The fuel pressure should be 35 psi on that engine. The only way to test injector driver output is with a service manual and volt meter.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have 35.5 psi at engine, I also purchased a seloc repair manual for the engine. Can you explane to me a little better how to test the injector driver I think that is what the problem is. Thanks

Comment

The chance of a injector driver problem are slim and the cost of replacing the CDI is exspensive, you might want to take it to your dealer to have tested before replacing CDI.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Check the kill switch, seen where the lanyard gets pulled out and goes unnoticed.Seen where a guy kept cranking motor trying to get it to fire and melted insulation on wires,could not use boat in bass tourny and it was just the lanyard for kill switch got pulled.

Comment

Well after I did a couple more checks I disconnected the crank sensor and the motor started , It didn't run well but it started. So I went and purchaced a new one , switched them out and guess what ? IT WORKS Thanks everyone for your help. Well its time to go fishin gotta go.

Comment

Working...
                X