9.9 yamaha losing prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 yamaha losing prime

i have a 1993 9.9 yamaha that loses prime while running i pump it up and it will run fine then all of a sudden if i dont pump the ball it will stall when this happens the ball is soft and it seems it is starving for gas i changed the fuel diafram and it still does it any ideas????

ensure you have no air leaks in your fuel lines/fittings and be sure your tank is vented,not clogged. does your ball collapse? try using another tank to isolate your issue.

Comment

the ball does not collapse and the main motor which is 150 hp yamaha runs fine off the same tank which is a 90 gallon tank could it be a weak or bad diafram even though it was replaced at the beginning of the season last year

Comment

I am having the same problem with a 1997 9.9 high thrust.After you prime up the motor it will run fine and it will slowly start to sputter and die . If you pump up primer bulb it will run fine. New primer bulb assy. and fuel lines.I took the fuel pump apart and there where no holes in diaphram. any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X