ECU Remapping F70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU Remapping F70

Anyone remap there F70 Ecu to gain any performance? Where did you go and what are your thoughts. Thanks.

Probably need to find a racing web site to find any modifications of motors

Comment

Doing some research people have used this guy https://www.simonperftech.com/products you see it more often in the Mercury Optimax motors than Yamaha. He said for $675 it would equate to 7-10hp. Just curious if anyone here as tried it and was it worth it.

Comment

If I wanted more HP I would buy a bigger HP motor

Comment

The 70 is a bit of an odd man out, it doesn't come in bigger HP, so your best option is to buy a bigger motor or cough up a bag of cash for a minimal "possible" power increase, most of those miracle HP reflash people seem to have gone into hiding.

Comment

Reflash or replacement ECU’s are far more viable in fuel injected vehicles where it is far easier to make other adjustments like throttle openings, air filters and exhaust systems, as primarily they provide for greater fuel injection to accompany the increase of air or breathing that these modifications might provide.
            Also there is a market to overcome lean fuel running problems forced by emission regulation, that perhaps is not quite as severe In outboards (yet).
            I know motorcycle power is becoming quite restricted by ever changing standards to the point that actual capacity is increasing to make up for it. Ridiculous really, 1200 the new 1000, that was once the new 900. Emissions are still measured by % not actual output, so the capacity increase necessary to get HP just increases the emissions!

Comment

Working...
            X