F60tlr 2008 -temp light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60tlr 2008 -temp light

Hi all. I’ve got a Yamaha F60tlr 2008, temp alarm when engine idling in neutral, possibly also when idling at low speed. Impeller needs to be replaced for sure. 16BD8541-1FE3-472F-BFC6-02B75503EBE5.jpeg

Anything else it could be? Freshwater only, low hours not used much at all in past 2 years. Thermostat clean and functioning . Water running through. B34B000A-B6E9-489B-87D7-7BEA69A979B7.jpeg

Flushed. Thoughts? Thanks for your help.

as long as those missing rubber pieces do not plug up passages you should be fine

Comment

Thanks, had a few pop out when flushing. I heard some of the cooling areas don’t get flushed by the flush hose though e.g. Thermostat. Is that the case and Is there a way to reach them to flush?

Comment

while the lower unit is off,
        hook a hose to the pipe heading up to powerhead, remove the stat and cover, turn water hose on full blast and hope.

I have hooked up (Tee) compressed air to the water hose also to blow air and water thru to move things around some .

I have read some say to shoot water down the stat hole to reverse flow, but I never figured a good way to try that

Comment

If that pump plate is scored (looks it) it will also need replacing.
          Having difficulty believing that tell tale stream coming from that impeller!
          New pump, put together and then see.

Comment

I know right. The stream is actually pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Daninwhistler View Post
              I know right. The stream is actually pretty good.
              with that ripped up impeller?

Comment

That photo shows it idling. Could certainly be stronger.

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to replace the SS cup and all o-rings associated with the WP..

Check that the plastic SS cup holder is NOT WARPED /melted at all..
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yep the plastic was melted a bit, so replacing that as well. I’ve seen some pics with grease on the plate under the impeller. Is this needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Daninwhistler View Post
                      Yep the plastic was melted a bit, so replacing that as well. I’ve seen some pics with grease on the plate under the impeller. Is this needed?
                      Grease is a bit harder to get out, simply use liquid DISH SOAP (Palmolive, etc) on the impeller, especially when working the cup back on(turning the drive shaft clockwise-while looking downward). Works just as good and cleans up WAY EASIER...

As for it on the wear plate, won't hurt but the "hard part" is slipping the cup over the new impeller- The soap works great . Too much liquid soap won't hurt anything/gum up, etc...

.I do use just a touch of grease to hold the 0-ring in the bottom of the cup HOUSING itself- Doesn't take much, you don't want that seal falling out upon assembly..

Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks all. Great tips. Ran it in the bucket Idling for 5 mins. No temp alarm. Testing on water today.

Comment

Ran well tonight on the lake. No alarms. Thanks again.

Comment

good to hear no more overheating

Comment

Working...
                            X