Spark plug cap f115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug cap f115

When I was changing my plugs, one wire cap came off. I threaded back on. Is that okay or do I need to replace coil and wire. It’s part 3 on diagram. 1F4420CD-0BDA-408C-853E-737EF9AAF42F.png

Your pic is too small to help and we don't know the year..

Anyway, in the cap, is there a fine "screw" centered in the cap?

If there is and the wire was screwed back in and snugged up, it should be ok.

*On certain Yamaha motorcycles, (mine included) this, ^^ , is exactly how its assembled. Sometimes (it's super tight in that area, caps get yanked, etc) and the wire loosens from the screw (causing and not so good connection). Slightly shortening the wire (maybe 1/4") gets you fresh wire to grab onto..

**More importantly, does the engine run normally or any misfires/lack of power NOW? If so, replace the wire /coil..

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

If they are separate part # for the caps, I would think it is fine as long as it is not arcing to someplace it should not be arcing

Comment

Thanks. It is a 2019 f115. I just threaded cap back on and it ran fine. I did not cut the wire back.

Comment

Maybe a small tie wrap around the cap where it connects to the wire to help secure it in place....

Comment

Working...
          X