Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25hp 4 stroke. Perfect idle but bogs down at low RPM, then runs mostly fine to WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25hp 4 stroke. Perfect idle but bogs down at low RPM, then runs mostly fine to WOT

Hi all,

Purchased a used 2000 F25 TLRY 4 stroke that had been sitting for awhile. The short version is: Starts up and idles perfectly every time. As soon as I advance the throttle it bogs down severely, almost dies, but just barely stays alive, and then runs mostly fine all the way up through WOT. I say mostly because I have had a couple backfires here and there but had been playing with the mixture ratio so that might have been the cause on that part.

What I've done so far:

New carb
    New fuel line and bulb
    New fuel pump
    New sparks
    Emptied gas tank and all fresh gas
    New fuel filter
    After running a bit with the replaced fuel lines etc I opened up the carb to see if any old debris had made it through and everything was sparkling clean.

The bulb stays firm, I've tried squeezing the bulb through the range of problem RPMs and it didn't have any effect. Throttle response is overall very crisp, just that first bit right after idle is terrible. Not sure where to go next, any help would be awesome, feel free to assume I have no idea what I'm doing, no offense will be taken. Thanks!

Get yourself a inline spark tester and check what is happening to the spark on each cylinder when this occurs. Sounds like it drops a cylinder then picks it back up again.
    I assume it does this constantly, does it happen when ran on muffs? Or do you have to load it up?

inductive timing light would also work to give you an indication of the spark situation.

Comment

https://www.amazon.ca/Tool-Aid-23920...25015268&psc=1

Comment

Working...
      X