Yamahah 130 power trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamahah 130 power trim

I have just developed a load crushing sound in my power trim. I check the fluid level, it was ok. Locked the motor up, and put down trim. One piston goes down, the other does not. I can push and pull both pistons.. What is the problem, and what to do?

Thanks Much, Allan

Allan - I would first apply a thin film of marine grease to the sides and ends of the rams (tilt motor all the way up and put down locking lever).
    Then I would grease all fittings around/near the tilt/steering tube on the motor bracket.
    If the "sound" is still there after that, then I would go thru the procedure in the Yamaha manual for purging air from the t/t unit, and then checking fluid level.
    If you still have the "sound" after that, then you may have to pull the t/t unit and rebuild with new gaskets/seals/valves.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken..
      You have helped again.. I put a little ATF
      Dexron II on the rods. That helped some. I will follow your instructions. I know I speak for a lot of pepole in thanking your for your responses and help on the forum..

I do have the manuel. It did not cover any trouble shooting for that problem. Wish it did a better job on the trouble shooting angle.

Thanks again, Ken.... Have a Happy Easter..
      Allan

Comment

Thanks, Allan -
        I use Mobil 1 synthetic grease on the rams of my C115 - it is VERY water resistant and stays on longer than anything else I have tried. You need to apply grease to the rams on a periodic basis.
        I can usually go for about five fishing trips before I hear a little squeal.
        There should be an "air-purge" procedure in the Yamaha manual - if you need it, let me know and I will post it on the forum.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Ken,

I stopped by a parts store to pick up some Dexron II ATF, as the manual requires. They said that Dexron II has been replaced by Dexron III. I assume that is ok to use in the Power trim..

Thanks... again... Ken

Allan

Comment

Working...
          X