Submerged F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submerged F150

My F150 sunk at the dock, in freshwater. It was in the water anywhere from 1 day to 3 days. Completely submerged by 3'

From the time I had it out of the water to the time I had it to the Marina (on the trailer) was about 6hrs, they started working on it right away with oil changes to flush the system. I was told they did get it started with in the hour.

My invoice and estimates are coming in soon and i do expect the repairs to be more expensive for motor/components and interior than i had thought and i do want to ensure i do not get sold on more repairs than i need.

I was hoping someone could tell me what electronic/electrical parts on the outboard or related assemblies i can expect to replace.
    At present i do have an invoice for $1,400.00 CAD for the work to date to preserve the motor? not sure what that entails i am guessing, oil changes , pull plugs? fog the motor ?, disconnect electrical harnesses including prep and dry? does this sound fair ?

a little afraid of what else is coming for electronic components.

any insight is helpful, just can't afford to spend more than i need too

thanks
    Phallgtown

How far away/offshore do you usually run?....guess if this happened to my motor I'd probably lose my sense of confidence in the motor going forward probably due to corrosion issues in the electricals.....I'd be tempted to sell the motor and replace with similar motor that hadn't been dunked.....It is good that it wasn't saltwater....

Comment

Working...
    X