X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt speed to fast and ****y

hello all
    first time on forum
    Hoping to get some insight on why tilt speed is so fast and ****y on my V max 250 sho has been this way since I purchased it in January of 2019 and have looked
    For answers but no luck
    Thank you in advance
    Last edited by randyallen567@gmail.com; 09-19-2020, 12:53 AM.

model and serial # or production date may help people know which motor you are talking about.

why are you saying it tilts too fast?
    is that trim or tilt?

Comment

Yes thank you
      its a 2019 vmax 250 sho
      The reason I say its to fast is after it comes up off the 2 trim lift
      Rams it jumps because its about 3 times faster than when you are triming on the lower end of stroke .if you touch trim switch after its off 2 rams it travels way to fast. i know its supposed to move faster but not like it is now

Comment

I have never heard of a Yamaha tilting too fast before.
        have you compared the speed of yours and someone else's sitting side by side.

Not much can change the RPMs of the 12 DC T&T motor to speed it up.

I am not even sure putting higher voltage on it would speed it up

Comment

Thank you i have been trying to find someone with one to try
          A side by side . have had multiple outboards before but not like this one acts ....lol
          thanks for the help.

Comment

I also have never heard of a trim being too fast. Most complaints are about them being too slow.

Comment

Can you post a video (in real time)?...

Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Based on what you wrote, it sounds normal. It's just different than what you've had in the past, that's all. Plus, if you had a smaller engine, they may have only had a single cylinder so the speed wouldn't change.
                2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  I also have never heard of a trim being too fast. Most complaints are about them being too slow.
                  OP said tilt speed ,not the trim speed

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
                    Based on what you wrote, it sounds normal. It's just different than what you've had in the past, that's all. Plus, if you had a smaller engine, they may have only had a single cylinder so the speed wouldn't change.
                    even the single ram/piston T&T units change the speed the the motor moves during trim and tilt.

OP says the tilt is too fast not trim

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

even the single ram/piston T&T units change the speed the the motor moves during trim and tilt.

OP says the tilt is too fast not trim
                      Maybe some single piston setups change speed - but not all as I've used some that are the same. I was simply mentioning that since we don't really know the OP's past experience. Although, most likely he's referring to larger, 3-piston setups.
                      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Too fast is good. Two factors influence speed a bit: if it is a short shaft, and/or you have a flat vertical transom (or wedges in place).
                        Because it might pass the weight balance (see saw), the heavy power head toggling it into the well.
                        Otherwise could you have duel batteries incorrectly connected in series?!

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
                          Too fast is good. Two factors influence speed a bit: if it is a short shaft, and/or you have a flat vertical transom (or wedges in place).
                          Because it might pass the weight balance (see saw), the heavy power head toggling it into the well.
                          Otherwise could you have duel batteries incorrectly connected in series?!

I was thinking the T&T motor may run faster on 24 volts, but not real sure.
                          that would also speed up the trim tho

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post

Maybe some single piston setups change speed - but not all as I've used some that are the same. I was simply mentioning that since we don't really know the OP's past experience. Although, most likely he's referring to larger, 3-piston setups.
                            Maybe you are referring to the tilt only motors, not tilt and trim
                            They will not tilt underway, not enough power to over come the load, have to back off the throttle to get the tilt to move the motor.
                            I have read about them, but have not personally be exposed to them

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

OP said tilt speed ,not the trim speed
                              Damn my typing.

Comment

Working...
                              X