water leak ox66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water leak ox66

1999 250 ox66 notice water drips from voltage regulator plate while flushing motor with cover off.

does it leak with the cowling on?

Comment

no it just magically stops leaking

Comment

thanks for all your help

Comment

just looking for input from yamaha people i will just replace the regulator cover and go somewhere else for advice have a good one Greasy

Comment

so, you think everyone is just sitting behind a computer screen waiting for you to ask a question?

Maybe you should give people a chance to see your post.

my guess from what you have said so far is cowling is pushing on something that keeps the leak to a minimum with cowlin on, if that is what you are calling a cover

Comment

sorry i thought greasyshaft was playing ****s of course it leaks with the cowling on you can only see it with the cowling off the leak is coming from the voltage regulator/rectifier water hose feeds it from head then comes out to pee hole outside motor the one that shows that water is pumping. just curious if anyone has had this issue

Comment

Sorry, what advice are you after?

Comment

its a water cooled regulator.
                  either the gasket failed or the plate corroded.
                  old engines do this.

Comment

No one has a sense of humor anymore. OP specifically said it was leaking with the cowling removed. The inference being that it did not leak with the cowling on.

Also, the OP just made a statement. He did not pose a question or ask for help. We see this many times here.

Actually, the words about the cowling being removed were completely irrelevant and unnecessary.

I think greasy knew the situation and was just messin with the OP. I do the same when statements are made and a question is not asked. I might have replied "thank you for contributing to the boats.net forum" and let it go at that.

As rodman notes, if the gasket has failed, if the cooler has corroded or if a hose has split there can be water leakage. Time for some troubleshooting.

1999 S250TXRX Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 3 Diagram and Parts
                    Last edited by boscoe99; 03-14-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

water leaking with the cowling on can be seen, it just comes out some where else. and then you pull the cowling to see where it is coming from.

Heck I took him seriously, I should have known better

Comment

Working...
                      X