c60tlrx problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c60tlrx problem

i replaced the water pump on my 60 today, got lower unit off, made pump repair without a hitch. tried to replace lower unit as described in maintenance manual and ran into all sorts of problems. l.u should be placed in reverse b4 reassembly, which i did, but when i get it assembled, the l.u. is stuck in fwd. it had no problem b4 i tried to do any of this. any hints/tips on how to reassemble? i've done a bunch of mercs and evinrudes without any problems, this looks pretty starightforward, but can't figure it out. thanks in advance!

Harry,
    I just looked up your motor in the online parts catalog (above) - and your lower unit looks very similiar to my 2000 C115, which is one year newer.
    On my lower unit, I put the gear shift rod in neutral, and also the remote control in neutral.
    You can turn the shift rod with a pair of channel locks - put a rag over the splines to keep from scoring. Move the shift rod cw or ccw until the gears are in neutral - you should be able to turn the prop shaft w/o the drive shaft turning.
    When you stab the lower unit, if it won't go that last inch, then have someone turn the flywheel just a little until the crank splines line up with the drive shaft splines - I have to do this on my C115 every time.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X