2000 200hp Saltwater series 2 stroke water pump service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 200hp Saltwater series 2 stroke water pump service

Hello all!! I am new to Yamaha .Always been a Jonnyrude guy.Is dropping the lower unit completely done at the lower unit? I have dropped the lower unit on a mercruiser outdrive many many times and all done at the lower.Bolts,nuts ,hex etc.all right next to each other.The Evinrudes have a connection point at the top of the shaft just under the powerhead and done incorrectly will screw up shifting so not so simple.I have found the previous owner of this motor/boat to have been full of crap on too many things so Im gonna change out the waterpump.Any info/tips would be helpful.Thanks Charlie

that motor should have a splined shift shaft.
    just make sure everything is in neutral when pulling and putting back

Comment

Thanks,neutral is easy to remember.Mercruiser must be in full fwd on the shifter and the lower unit.

Comment

Also, go to the parts site: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...d-by-year/2000 , type in your info and you can bring up the parts list.

With the list, go to the LU and you have a full picture on what goes where, parts, etc. Makes things much easier, especially if you don't have a shop manual yet..

Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Nice,thanks Scott

Comment

simple service.Thanks ,neutral and then its basically same as a mercruiser drive that I have serviced for approx 30 years so should be easy peezy if careful and follow each step carefully.Charlie

Comment

Hey Charlie. You haven't met Yamaha W/P Keyway yet !! You will though... you also need to set the pinion bearing preload. On the evinrudes,, the shift rod is turned in or out for shift adjustment and is offset for good reason.
              It also helps much to have the hard to find the correct long needle nose pliers with the right bends... Lol
              ​​​

Comment

Working...
              X